Skip to main content

Recently added items

Below is a list of all the recently added content, ordered from newest to oldest.

(Image)
Photo - Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Image)
Photo by Matthew Farfan
(Map)
(Source - Les Cantons de la Saint-François / Townships of the St. Francis, by / par J. Derek Booth)
(Map)
(Source - Railways of Southern Quebec, by / par J. Derek Booth, vol. / tome II.)
(Map)
This map also shows the MRCs / Cette carte montre aussi les MRC.
(History Article)
1) b); 2) b) The Merry House, recently acquired by the city, was built in 1821; 3) b); 4) a); 5) b); 6) a); 7) c); 8) c); 9) b) This church was built as the Union Church in 1830; 10) a) The Park House was built by Horace Park in 1865, and destroyed by fire in 1905.
(History Article)
1) What is the former name of Magog? a) Cherry River b) The Outlet c) Magog Mills 2) Which of the following is Magog’s oldest house? a) The Bowen House b) The Merry House c) The Moore House 3) The outlet of Lake Memphremagog, located in Magog, is which of these rivers? a) Cherry River b) Magog River c) Tomifobia River 4) Who was the first mayor of the village of Magog? a) Alvin Moore b) Erasmus Smith c) L. A. Audet
(History Article)
1) b (originally Waterville was scheduled to be a part of Greater Sherbrooke, but plans were changed following protests from Waterville). 2) b. 3) c (Big Forks was another former name). 4) a. 5) a. 6) b (the Grand Trunk was based in Montreal and there was no such thing as the Sherbrooke Railroad and Telegraph Company). 7) c (there was no such railway). 8) b. 9) c. 10) b.