Skip to main content

Woods Store, Melbourne

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

The Woods (Burt) Store was located at the corner of Route 243 and Cemetery Road in Melbourne, Quebec. larger_rchs.november.jpg

In 1887 the Upper Melbourne Post office, with H. L. Burt as Postmaster, was one of sixteen Richmond subscribers of the Bell Telephone Company of Canada.

Today, the original post office furnishings are preserved at the Richmond County Historical Society museum.

The Richmond County Historical Society (RCHS) was formed in 1962. As part of the historical society's 50th anniversary celebrations, the society is publishing some its photos and information from the past.