Skip to main content

Mont Notre-Dame

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

medium_mont.notre_.dame_.jpgThe first Catholic school for girls to be established in the Eastern Townships was Mont Notre-Dame in Sherbrooke.

Seen here c.1906, the convent was founded in 1857 and run by the nuns of the Congregation of Notre-Dame. For much of its history, the school was bilingual, with students in the primary, model (intermediate) and classic (senior) grades.

Mont Notre-Dame, which operates to this day, is now a college with an international curriculum.